Networks in KONECT may have various edge weights:
- Simple or unweighted networks do not have edge weights. In such networks, only one edge can be present between any pair of nodes (i, j).
- Positively weighted networks allow positive weights on each edge, and do not allow multiple edges.
- Signed networks have positive and negative edges. These edges usually may represent friendship and enmity, trust and distrust, like and dislike, and other similar opposite relationship pairs.
- Rating network have edges annotated with ratings. Ratings are all numerical, and are often on a scale from 1 to 5. There is no designated neutral value for ratings.
- Networks with multiple edges allow any number of edges between two given nodes.
- Networks annotated with this symbol allow multiple rating edges between any two nodes.